Receive Updates From Writer
Get the latest stories in your inbox
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
“Ruth Bader Ginsburg became the second female justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. Born in 1933 in Brooklyn, New York, Bader taught at Rutgers University Law School and then at Columbia University, where she became its first female tenured professor. She served as the director of the Women’s Rights Project of the American Civil Liberties Union during the 1970s, and was appointed to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia in 1980. Named to the U.S. Supreme Court in 1993 by President Bill Clinton, she continued to argue for gender equality in such cases as United States v. Virginia. She died September 18, 2020 due to complications from metastatic pancreas cancer.” – History.com
The world will remember the strength and character of this lady. In true and powerful style, she overcame many obstacles that would have floored the lesser of us. Indeed, she shows that once you have the mindset and apply yourself to a firm determination, you can accomplish whatever you set out to change and achieve. From multiple battles with cancer and misogyny to representing many women with no strong voice of their own, she has made her mark and taught her lessons on what it means to play your part for the advancement of the whole human race.
Some of her quotes are noted below. I implore you to do research on this beautiful soul, The Notorious R.B.G.
- “Real change, enduring change, happens one step at a time.”
- “So often in life, things that you regard as an impediment turn out to be great, good fortune.”
- “Reacting in anger or annoyance will not advance one’s ability to persuade.”
- “When a thoughtless or unkind word is spoken, best tune out.”
- “Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.”
- “You can’t have it all, all at once.”
- “I’m a very strong believer in listening and learning from others.”
- “In the course of a marriage, one accommodates the other”
- “In every good marriage, it helps sometimes to be a little deaf.”
- “A gender line…helps to keep women not on a pedestal, but in a cage.”
- “If you want to be a true professional, do something outside yourself.”
- “Reading is the key that opens doors to many good things in life. Reading shaped my dreams, and more reading helped me make my dreams come true.”
- “Don’t be distracted by emotions like anger, envy, resentment. These just zap energy and waste time.”
- “You can disagree without being disagreeable.”
- “If you have a caring life partner, you help the other person when that person needs it. I had a life partner who thought my work was as important as his, and I think that made all the difference for me.”
- “Women belong in all places where decisions are being made. It shouldn’t be that women are the exception.”
- “I would like to be remembered as someone who used whatever talent she had to do her work to the very best of her ability.”
(All quotes were found here.)
Blessings in abundance!