Receive Updates From Writer
Get the latest stories in your inbox
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
Please stay safe and dry, or become wet and washed in the downpour. The choice is yours, as you see it fit. Enjoy the rain.
- “The rain to the wind said, You push and I’ll pelt.’ They so smote the garden bed that the flowers actually knelt, and lay lodged–though not dead. I know how the flowers felt.”― Robert Frost
- “Do not be angry with the rain; it simply does not know how to fall upwards.”― Vladimir Nabokov
- “Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.”― Bill Watterson
- “Love like rain, can nourish from above, drenching couples with a soaking joy. But sometimes under the angry heat of life, love dries on the surface and must nourish from below, tending to its roots keeping itself alive.”― Paulo Coelho
- “… millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.”― Susan Ertz
- “It didn’t rain for you, maybe, but it always rains for me. The sky shatters and rains shards of glass.”― Tablo
- “The richness of the rain made me feel safe and protected; I have always considered the rain to be healing—a blanket—the comfort of a friend. Without at least some rain in any given day, or at least a cloud or two on the horizon, I feel overwhelmed by the information of sunlight and yearn for the vital, muffling gift of falling water.”― Douglas Coupland
- “Rain makes me feel less alone. All rain is, is a cloud- falling apart, and pouring its shattered pieces down on top of you. It makes me feel good to know I’m not the only thing that falls apart . It makes me feel better to know other things in nature can shatter.”― Lone Alaskan Gypsy
- “From where we stand the rain seems random. If we could stand somewhere else, we would see the order in it.”― Tony Hillerman
- “You can dance in the storm. Don’t wait for the rain to be over before because it might take too long. You can can do it now. Wherever you are, right now, you can start, right now; this very moment.”― Israelmore Ayivor
- “Thunderstorms are as much our friends as the sunshine.”― Criss Jami
- “I reach for her hand and wind my fingers through hers, turning them so the rain patters down onto her palm. I trace a circle there with my thumb, smoothing the water in her skin. I want to show her there’s nothing to be afraid of.”― Amie Kaufman
- “The only noise now was the rain, pattering softly with the magnificent indifference of nature for the tangled passions of humans.”― Sherwood Smith
- “Never dance in a puddle when there’s a hole in your shoe (it’s always best to take your shoes off first).”― John D. Rhodes
- “It’s all nonsense. It’s only nonsense. I’m not afraid of the rain. I am not afraid of the rain. Oh, oh, God, I wish I wasn’t.”― Ernest Hemingway
- “When we love each other we are immortal and indestructible like the heartbeat and the rain and the wind.”― Erich Maria Remarqu
(All quotes were found here.)
Blessings in abundance!