Get more stuff like this
Get the latest Jamaican stories in your inbox
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
Jamaican saltfish fritters otherwise known as ‘Stamp n Go’. This can be served with for breakfast or hor d’ oeuvre with a cocktail.
See more recipes: Jamaican Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup Counter Flour
- 1/2 lb Saltfish
- 1 Medium Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Stalk Escallion (Chopped)
- 1 Medium Tomato ( Diced)
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Small Scotch Bonnet Pepper (Diced)
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
Prep Time: 40mins Yield: 12
- Boil Saltfish for 15 mins, remove from water debone and flake.
- In a large bowl add flaked saltfish, onion, black pepper, salt, scotch bonnet pepper, and tomato and stir until evenly distributed.
- Add water gradually to make a smooth batter. Should not be runny.
- In a Skillet add vegetable oil until hot then, Scoop batter using a tablespoon into the skillet.
- Fry on medium heat until golden brown on each side or cooked through.
- In a Large plate place paper towel and drain fritters of excess oil.
- Best Served Hot.
This can be served for breakfast or finger food at cocktails & functions.