Receive Updates From Writer
Get the latest stories in your inbox
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
Jamaican Cornmeal Porridge has been a household name for the longest time and is enjoyed by Jamaicans at breakfast time. Make this recipe and enjoy its tastiness.
See more recipes: Jamaican Stew Chicken Recipe
- 1 Cup Refined Cornmeal
- 3 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1oz Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Drops Vanilla Extract
Prep Time: 15-20 mins Yield:4
- Add Cornmeal to a bowl and add enough water to cover the cornmeal.
- Use a fork to stir the cornmeal and the water so it moves freely in the bowl.
- Bring the 3 cups of water to boil then reduce heat to medium.
- Pour the cornmeal mixture into the pot of boiling water and stir with fork continuously for 5 mins.
- Stir in figure 8 to prevent cornmeal from forming lumps.
- Continue to stir but be careful as it should come to a boil and it will pop and burn. Be careful you can reduce heat as well as take the pot off and back on to reduce popping.
- Cover pot and allow porridge to cook for another 15 mins, stir occasionally.
- Turn the flame off and keep the pot on the hot burner.
- Add Vanilla extract, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Sugar and Condensed Milk to Sweeten. Sweeten to Taste.
- Serve hot in bowls and sprinkle Cinnamon.
Serve with National Water Crackers or Hardough Bread.
See more recipes : Jamaican Banana Bread Recipe