Get more stuff like this
Get the latest Jamaican stories in your inbox
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
Banana Bread is the perfect thing to do with your over-ripe bananas. Instead of tossing them out turn them into a delicious treat for the family to enjoy.
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter Softened
- 3 Bananas (The Riper the better)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Prep Time: 1hr 20mins
- Preheat oven to 350’F (175’C)
- Lightly grease an 8in* 4in loaf pan.
- Cream butter and sugar then, add eggs to the batter.
- Add crushed bananas and mix well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add sifted ingredients to the butter, sugar, and eggs along with buttermilk and vanilla.
- Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 1hr until done.
- Remove from pan onto a plate to cool.
Enjoy with a cold glass of milk or drink of choice.