Receive Updates From Writer
Get the latest stories in your inbox
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
Welcome to the second ‘episode’ of my series Cooking With Courtanae – Jamaican Recipes. I did my first episode on November 5, 2020, where I introduced how I did Brown Stew Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and Corn.
In this article, I will be showing you how to do your very own No Bake Oreo Cheesecake of which I am very excited to share with you.
There are a few things you should note about this recipe:
- The ingredients are based on your taste, you can add or subtract products to your liking
- The amount of each ingredient brings up the flavor of the cheesecake or in some cases takes away some of the cheesiness, you can add or minus things as you wish as well.
No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
Serves: 10-12 servings
Timing: 30-45 minutes to prepare
Chill Time: 5 hours
- 30 Oreo Cookies
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
Cheesecake Filling Ingredients
- 18 ounces of room temperature cream cheese
- 1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 ¼ cup whipping or heavy cream
- ¼ cup sour cream (full fat)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 chopped oreo cookies
- Place the Oreos in a food processor and blend until the pieces are fine. Melt your butter and pour in blended Oreos until the mixture is moist.
- Coat the bottom of your tin with butter and press the oreo mixture in until you cannot see the bottom of the tin, then use a spoon to lay it evenly.
- Cover with plastic cling wrap and place in the fridge
- Using an electric mixer or food processor, mix your cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until you get a creamy texture.
- Mix in your whipping or heavy cream until it becomes firm
- Add your sour cream to the mixture and mix until creamy and smooth
- Throw in crushed Oreos in the mixture and fold it in until the Oreos are completely mixed in the cheesecake filling
- Remove your crust from the refrigerator and gently pour in the cheesecake filling, smooth the top and add crushed Oreos
- Place in the fridge for at least 5 hours or overnight
My mother’s favorite cake is cheesecake, so my love for this cake developed from there. Coronavirus has me working from home at the moment which has cleared a lot of time for me to try out new recipes. Coupled with the great deals from CPJ, I have been able to try out my no-bake oreo cheesecake, something I have been wanting to do for a while. One of my favorite things about this recipe is no baking is required which means no need to purchase baking supplies which makes it beginner-friendly and it makes for a great dessert. Great, right?
Let me know how you enjoy this cake.
** The picture of the cheesecake does not belong to me
I decided to create this recipe for this blog post because I was invited to submit a recipe for an international recipe book a company is launching. I submitted this recipe with the hope that it will be shared. After submitting it, I was informed that the book will be ready in early February 2021.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that this recipe will be a part of the same.