Receive Updates From Writer
Get the latest stories in your inbox
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
- Cheating is directly linked to lack of intelligence, insecurity, low self-esteem, and an overall sense of unhappiness with one’s own life.
- Love and marriage are wonderful arenas in which to place a character. We are most likely to risk our morals and beliefs while in love. Betrayal gives tremendous insights into a character as well. – Anita Shreve
- The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies.
- Betrayal can be extremely painful, but it’s up to you how much that pain damages you permanently. – Emily V. Gordon
- Everyone suffers at least one bad betrayal in their lifetime. It’s what unites us. The trick is not to let it destroy your trust in others when that happens. Don’t let them take that from you. – Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Familial betrayal is, to me, the most heartbreaking kind – because if you can’t trust your family to love you and protect you, who can you really trust? – Alexandra Bracken
- I used to advertise my loyalty and I don’t believe there is a single person I loved that I didn’t eventually betray. – Albert Camus
- Life has taught me that you can’t control someone’s loyalty. No matter how good you are to them, doesn’t mean that they will treat you the same. No matter how much they mean to you, doesn’t mean that they’ll value you the same. Sometimes the people you love the most, turn out to be the people you can trust the least.
- We have to distrust each other. It is our only defense against betrayal. – Tennessee Williams
- I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you. – Friedrich Nietzsche
- People are always fascinated by infidelity because, in the end – whether we’ve had direct experience or not – there’s part of you that knows there’s absolutely no more piercing betrayal. People are undone by it. – Junot Diaz
- Betrayal is the only truth that sticks. – Arthur Miller
- Betrayal is the worst… and the key to moving past it is to identify what led up to it in the first place. – Charles J. Orlando
- Tragedy in life normally comes with betrayal and compromise, and trading on your integrity and not having dignity in life. That’s really where failure comes. – Tom Cochrane
- Every betrayal contains a perfect moment, a coin stamped heads or tails with salvation on the other side. – Barbara Kingsolver
- Nothing hurts more than being disappointed by the single person you thought would never hurt you.
- You want to believe that there’s one relationship in life that’s beyond betrayal. A relationship that’s beyond that kind of hurt. And there isn’t. – Caleb Carr
- Betrayal can only happen if you love. – John le Carre
- Try not to stress over the shady people who betrayed you. I know it hurts but the truth is that they were always shady, they are never going to change, and you are actually much better off now because at least you know who they really are.
- Betrayal is one of my biggest fears. Betrayal happens on many different levels all the time, and there is no worse feeling than realizing someone you thought you could trust has gone against you. – Katie Lee
- Naturally, when one makes progressive steps, there may be some who see it as a betrayal of their goals and interests. – Louis Farrakhan
- Trust is not established in the absence of betrayal, but in those whose betrayal is least. – Wes Fessler
- If you’re betrayed, release disappointment at once. By that way, the bitterness has no time to take root. – Toba Beta
- There’s a lot of stupid men out there who feel like makeup is a betrayal of the truth, and that is so funny to me. – Katya Zamolodchikova
- Betrayal does that betrays the betrayer. – Erica Jong
- The worst pain in the world goes beyond the physical. Even further beyond any other emotional pain one can feel. It is the betrayal of a friend. – Heather Brewer
- I’m not crying because of you; you’re not worth it. I’m crying because my delusion of who you were was shattered by the truth of who you are. – Steve Maraboli
- I know the feeling of confusion and betrayal. I know the feeling of fearing for my life. – Jason Reynolds
- All trust involves vulnerability and risk, and nothing would count as trust if there were no possibility of betrayal. – Robert C. Solomon
- You know that you have been stabbed when you feel the deep pain of betrayal. – Les Parrott