Receive Updates From Writer
Get the latest stories in your inbox
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
- I had to take false steps and go through hard times to come out to where I am now. I can’t imagine living without acting. It’s not easy, and I don’t disrespect anyone who steps out of it after a certain point. Having a family and a house is cool. It’s not a betrayal. But if you’re going to be an actor, it has to be more than a passing interest. – Marylouise Burke
- Sometimes, instead of being hurt, you should look at betrayal as a gift. It makes it that much easier to sweep it up and toss it out with the rest of the trash. And why is that you ask? Because trash starts to stink…and when it does, it has no more value in your life. – Donna Schoenrock
- He that has eyes to see and ears to hear may convince himself that no mortal can keep a secret. If his lips are silent, he chatters with his fingertips; betrayal oozes out of him at every pore. – Sigmund Freud
- The three touchstones that woke Buddha up – sickness, old age, and death – are a pretty good place to start when crafting a tragic tale. And if we need to get more specific: heartbreak, destruction, miscomprehension, natural disasters, betrayal, and the waste of human potential. – Paul Di Filippo
- One of the hardest lessons in life is letting go. Whether it’s guilt, anger, love, loss or betrayal. Change is never easy. We fight to hold on and we fight to let go. If you’ve been hurt until it breaks your soul into pieces, your perspective in life will definitely change, and no one and nothing in this world could ever hurt you again. – Mareez Reyes
- Even the people who betray you are part of the plan. Jesus couldn’t get t the cross without Judas.
- There is no greater blessing than a family hand that lifts you from a fall; but there is not lower curse than a family hand that strikes you when you’re down. – Wes Fessler
- When you realize you’ve been deeply betrayed, fear really hits you. That’s what you feel first. And then it’s anger and frustration. Then disappointment and disillusionment. – José N. Harris
- There is always a lesson of a lifetime to learn in every betrayal. – Edmond Mbiaka
- All our experience with history should teach us, when we look back, how badly human wisdom is betrayed when it relies on itself. – Martin Luther
- I have never known a more vulgar expression of betrayal and deceit. – Lucien Bouchard
- Love is understood, in a historical way, as one of the great human vocations – but its counterspell has always been infidelity. This terrible, terrible betrayal that can tear apart not only another person, not only oneself, but whole families. – Junot Diaz
- Love is whatever you can still betray. Betrayal can only happen if you love. – John le Carre
- I could become very rich in Guatemala but by the low method of ratifying my title, opening a clinic, and specializing in allergies. To do that would be the most horrible betrayal of the two ‘I’s’ struggling inside me: the socialist and the traveler. – Che Guevara
- There are three signs of a hypocrite: when he speaks, he speaks lies, when he makes a promise he breaks it, and when he is trusted he betrays his trust. – Muhammad