Jamaican Stew Chicken Recipe
Brown Stew Chicken is another one of our tasty Jamaican dishes. It is Normally eaten around dinner time and some restaurants have it on their breakfast menu served with fried dumpling or boiled food.
- 3lbs Chicken
- 1 Stalk Escallion
- 1 Clove of Garlic (Chopped)
- 2 Cups of Water
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 3 Regular sized Carrots
- 1oz Soya Sauce
- 1 Sprig of Thyme
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Medium Onion (Sliced)
- 20z of Ketchup
Prep Time: 40mins Yield: 4
- Cut, and rinse chicken pieces with vinegar and water.
- Wash and cut up seasonings, add soya sauce and seasonings to cut up meat with the exception of oil and ketchup.
- Rub seasoning unto the chicken then marinate for at least 30 mins.
- Remove onions, garlic, and easily removed seasonings from the chicken and place them into a bowl.
- Heat the pot with vegetable oil, fry pieces of chicken on both sides and remove the chicken from the pot.
- Drain excess oil.
- Add chicken pieces back to the pot and add water, ketchup, and carrots along with the seasoning set aside in the bowl.
- Cover and cook until tender over medium heat.
Serve with your side of choosing.
Get more stuff like this
Get the latest Jamaican News in your inbox
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.