Jamaican Hominy Corn Porridge Recipe
Hominy Corn porridge is popularly labeled as the favorite porridge of Jamaicans. The condensed milk for sweetness and the smoothness of the coconut milk makes your tastebuds happy. Breakfast never tastes better.
- 2 Cups Hominy corn
- 1Tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 Cup Water
- 3 Cinnamon Leaves
- Nutmeg (Grated)
- 1/8 Tsp Vanilla Flavoring
- 2 Cups Coconut Milk
- Betty Condensed Milk
Prep Time: 40mins Yield: 4
- Wash corn properly. Twice is good enough.
- Put a large pot with one cup of water on the stove to boil with cinnamon leaves for 5 minutes.
- Add corn and salt stir. Cover pot half way.
- Lower heat and cook corn until the water reduces.
- After water reduces add another 1 1/2 cup of water and continue to cook the corn.
- When the water reduces the corn should be half cooked.
- Add coconut milk and continue to cook until the corn is cooked.
- Stir every 5 mins, if you have too much water be sure to cook until the water is reduced for best results.
- Remove cinnamon leaves, lower heat to the lowest and sweeten to taste with Condensed Milk.
- Add Vanilla, Nutmeg and simmer on low heat for 5 mins.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
Get more stuff like this
Get the latest Jamaican News in your inbox
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.