Jamaican Fry Dumpling Recipe
Fried dumpling is a delicious side enjoyed nice and hot.
- 2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3 Tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Cooking Oil
Prep Time: 45min Yield: 10-12
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder into a bowl.
- Blend butter into the flour with hands or mixer to arrive at a crumbly texture.
- Gradually add water to the mixture as you knead or mix the dough. You may not need all the water if the dough is too wet be sure to sprinkle flour until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Do not over mix or knead. The dough should have a smooth consistency.
- Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 15 mins.
- Pour oil into the frying pan to heat just enough to cover the rolled dumplings halfway.
- Remove plastic wrap and roll dough into medium balls and add to the frying pan.
- After adding the dumplings reduce heat to medium and, fry both sides until golden brown and dumplings are light and fluffy.
- Place on Paper towel to drain excess oil and serve hot.
Get more stuff like this
Get the latest Jamaican News in your inbox
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.