Jamaican Curry Chicken Recipe
Jamaican curry chicken is rich and hearty with great flavors. A perfect taste of the Caribbean with the hint of spices that your family will love.
- 3lbs Chicken
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 Tbsp Indian Curry Powder
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Medium Onion (Sliced)
- 1 Sprig Thyme
- 3 Slice of Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 1 Cups of Water
- 1 Large Potato (Diced)
- 1 Medium Carrot (Diced)
- 4 Pimento
- 6 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
Prep Time: 45mins Yield: 4
- Clean and cut up chicken into bite sizes, then wash with vinegar.
- Drain and season with Curry powder, put aside other seasonings.
- In a dutch pot add oil and allow to heat.
- Add chicken and stir for 8 mins.
- Add the rest of seasoning to the pot and stir for another 5 mins.
- Add water and let it cook for 30 mins on medium heat or until done.
- Serve with a side of your choice.
Best served with: White Rice or Boiled Food.
Get more stuff like this
Get the latest Jamaican News in your inbox
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.