Jamaican Banana Bread Recipe
Banana Bread is the perfect thing to do with your over-ripe bananas. Instead of tossing them out turn them into a delicious treat for the family to enjoy.
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter Softened
- 3 Bananas (The Riper the better)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Prep Time: 1hr 20mins
- Preheat oven to 350’F (175’C)
- Lightly grease an 8in* 4in loaf pan.
- Cream butter and sugar then, add eggs to the batter.
- Add crushed bananas and mix well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add sifted ingredients to the butter, sugar, and eggs along with buttermilk and vanilla.
- Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 1hr until done.
- Remove from pan onto a plate to cool.
Enjoy with a cold glass of milk or drink of choice.
Get more stuff like this
Get the latest Jamaican News in your inbox
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.