The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate and manage the operational functions related to technicians, spare parts procurement for use in the repairs to good process) and all related stock repairs matters within the Technical Services Department. The position is also expected to identify and report relevant trends.
The successful candidate will have key accountabilities as follows:
- Management of Technicians, customer and stock repair services.
- Ensure there are sufficient and appropriately skilled technicians to adequately address all service calls within the agreed timeframe.
- Ensure technicians achieve company objectives in relation to the completion of service requests (stock and customer)
- Manage Technician productivity performance (via job allocation and kPls).
- Manage administrative and operational functions related to technician wages.
- Perform post work reviews of the technicians` job
- Identify, analyze and make recommendations for addressing possible product quality trends.
- Drive the continuous development of the spares management processes to enhance the customer experience, minimize exchanges and maximize spares sales revenue.
- Conduct stock disposal (write-off) promptly and regularly as required.
- Identify and recommend training and development needs to improve contribution of Direct Reports and RTG technicians, build strength and achieve business objectives.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies required:
- First Degree Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering.
- Supervisory/Management qualification at tertiary level
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A minimum of two years experience within a service industry.
- A minimum of 2 years supervisory/management experience.