The Risk Manager will be the chief facilitator in ensuring that Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) is embedded across the Institute in accordance with PIOJ’s Risk Policy and Framework.
- Monitor and evaluate PIOJ’s risk appetite and risk tolerance in keeping with the organisation’s strategic focus
- Review and update where necessary the ERM policy framework based on ongoing changes to the ERM process.
- Ensure that risk responses for significant strategic and other risks are updated by the risk owners to a level that falls within PIOJ’s risk appetite
- Compile periodic management reports
- Ensure that the tools, templates or their equivalent are streamlined to support the ERM process.
Qualification/ Experience and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Risk Management, Business or a related field and relevant professional designation in risk, accounting or internal audit
- At least 5 years’ experience in risk management or a related field
- Financial services experience is desirable
- Proven facilitation and training experience
- Experience at Board or senior management level reporting and presentations
- Membership of a recognised relevant professional body
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Organized approach to work and excellent time management skills
- Solid knowledge of leading risk management standards and frameworks e.g. COSO ERM Integrated Framework and ISO 31000