The Technology and Innovation Division is looking for a suitably qualified, highly ambitious, self-motivated candidate to join its team as Manager – IT Project Management Office (PMO), at the Head Office location.
The Manager for the IT PMO will have overall responsibility for transformation and strategic development of the technology project management environment. The role will be responsible for the governance, direction, coordination, implementation, execution, completion and evaluation of the technology project portfolio ensuring consistency with company strategy, objectives and customer expectations.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Management, Project Management or equivalent qualifications OR at least 6 years project management experience effectively managing projects from initiation to close-out. Project experience should include large enterprise projects, external customer-facing projects and new development.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) is required.
- Experience with change management methodology.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma a plus.
§ Solid knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
Core responsibilities include:
- Manages the technology project portfolio
- Overseas the planning and implementation of individual projects
- Document, implement and manage the project management framework
- Project governance for all technology-related projects
- Grows project management capability within the department and throughout the organization
- Facilitates the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Facilitates the definition of project tasks and resource requirements
- Overseas the development of project/program plans
- Manage the Capital & Operational Budgets for the PMO
- Oversea the management of project resource allocation
- Facilitates the planning and scheduling of project timelines
- Tracks project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Provides direction and support to project team
- Ensures quality assurance is built into each phase of the project life cycle
- Manages the effective communication of all projects with respective stakeholders and project teams
- Facilitates the implementation and management of project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Ensures the alignment of people, processes and technology for all technology implementations
- Build in appropriate change management activities to support technology implementation
- Conducts project evaluations and assessment of results
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies at a high level in order to successfully accomplish the requirements of the position:
– Leading weak and balanced matrix teams.
– Strong Project Management skills
– Outstanding leadership skills
– Anticipating roadblocks and proactively addressing issues before they impact business results.
– Well-developed communication skills – oral, written, listening.
– Good analytical and negotiation skills, with close attention to detail.
– Expert level knowledge of standard Project Management (PM) tools (MS Project, Visio, MS Office Suite)
– Experience in the public/private sector dealing with Requests for Proposal (RFP).