Caribbean Producers Jamaica Limited, a leading distribution and manufacturing company located in Montego Bay is actively searching for a knowledgeable and detail oriented individual to fill the role of General Accounting Clerk at our head office in Montego Bay.
The General Accounting Clerk reports to the Accounting Manager and is responsible for ensuring the accurate processing of all local and overseas invoices. The incumbent must ensure that all bills are properly supported invoices and settled under the payment terms agreement. He/She will also be required to generate all the required documentation along with all cheques requested for approval by the Director of Finance/Chief Financial Officer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Posting of vouchers and ensuring all required documentation is attached.
- Ensuring that proper cut-off is maintained (i.e.) all invoices/transactions are posted in the correct periods.
- Reconciliation of accounts payables reports to the general ledger.
- Preparation of accrual listing at close-off date e.g. 5th day of the following month.
- Review of the accounts payable aging with the Chief Accountant, thus ensuring the integrity of the report.
- Assist with cash flow comparisons to budget.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements and assigned general ledger accounts.
- Verify recorded transactions and report irregularities to management.
- Receive and record invoices and arrange payment.
- Prepare customer payment report.
- Filing of payables backup for foreign payments.
- Prepare cheques with appropriate attachments.
- Posting of all suppliers invoices.
- Verify accuracy of all invoices posted to suppliers accounts.
- Ensuring that billings are accurate with proper reconciliation between invoices, receivals and purchase orders.
- Monitor the credit period for timely preparation of cheques.
- Use tact and good judgment when dealing with clients.
- Posting of month-end journal entries and preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Any other task as assigned by as a matter of course.
- Preparation of wire transfer documentation and liaises with bank employees to ensure prompt processing of payment transactions.
Education & Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or ACCA Level 2
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a similar capacity
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets as well as an aptitude for figures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management ability